Monday, February 28, 2011

Question: What is your only comfort in Life and in Death?

Answer:  That I am not my own, but belong, body and soul, in life and in death, unto my faithful savior Jesus Christ.  He has fully payed for my sins with his precious blood and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.  He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my father in heaven...

It goes on, giving more comfort and hope, but that first section, the assurance that I am not my own, that I belong to some one greater than myself, that G-d is watching over me and that I am under his care, is my comfort, a lifeline of sorts.   It gives me the strength, on days like today, days after I have experienced great disappointment, days when I am hurting, it gives me the strength to keep going.  To remember that I am not my own, that this is not about me.  It gives me strength to get up in the morning, to go to class, to go to chapel, to keep worshiping G-d, even when I don't understand why things happen the way they do.  It's not about me.

As a side note, seizures and mono are a bad mix.  My spleen is not happy with this arrangement.  It's actually quite upset.

No comments: