Friday, January 07, 2011

Piñata

There will be more pictures and posts of substance from my J-term retreat, after I get a chance to settle and unpack and locate my head again.  It was a really great week and I am currently at 25 days seizures free. I just wanted to get some pictures for my brothers who made the piñata for the spiritual disciple of celebration (because sometimes, I am a nice big sister):
First, you talk your little brothers into making the piñata for you.  This saves you a lot of time and effort, however, you do need to talk them down from a giant form to a smaller, more transportable form.  Then you just let them have fun with it.
You spend all week at the retreat looking for the perfect place to hang it. 
This was the best spot we found.  We had to be careful of the exit sign...it survived intact.
 Then you let people smash it (click on the picture to make it bigger).  At many points we were concerned about the integrity of the broom handle.
More pictures of people smashing it (and some repeats, just because I didn't have 60 different shots)
Then at the end, while we are cleaning up, the boys discover this secret compartment full of candy and tear into it. 
When all is said and done, you sweep it all up and throw it away.  Much fun was had by all.

No comments: