Friday, March 05, 2010

Patience is a virtue...

...a virtue is a grace, and Grace is a little girl who wouldn't wash her face.
Sometimes I am not a very patient person.  Not so much with other people, but with myself and life in general.  It's something I definetely need to work on. I want things now and I don't want to wait for them.  I get more impatient about somethings than others. Here are things currently at the top of my list:
I am impatient:
  • for spring to come.  We are having wondeful maple syrup weather, which tells me that spring is close, but I want it to hurry up.
  • to hear back from Western.  This will determine largely what I am doing next year and I really would like to know sooner rather than later.
  • for my crayon blanket to be all the way done so that I can post a completed picture of it. I'm to a point now where I can't work on it and read at the same time so it's not progressing as far.  Here's a picture of where it is at right now...
I used this pattern as a suggestion, but added two more crayons, added rows to make them longer by about 8 inches, did the lettering differently and put them together differently. I also have plans to do another 8 crayons and sew the two sets together in such a way that when you fold the blanket it looks like a box of crayons.
  • for school to be over.  Senioritis has set in a little sooner than I would have liked it to and it's really hard to stay focussed on school and homework and papers and readings..
Enough about being impatient.  It won't change anything anyways and it's time to run get some lunch before classes start for the afternoon...

1 comment:

Olga said...

Your crayon blanket has definitely grown since last I saw it. It looks REALLY good. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!
And I'm sure you'll hear from Western soon. Don't spend too much time worrying about it.
Love you lots!