Sunday, January 17, 2010

Safely home!

I am currently sitting in my room, at Central College.  After two days of uneventful travel I arrived here at about 4:30 local time. Thankfully, the stomach bug that I had been battlilng all week finally ran its course early Saturday morning and I wasn't overly miserable while we travelled (ample amounts of ginger ale helped too).    Mommy drove us across the border then Angela took over on the driving.  We went as far as Portage, IN on Saturday and then had a relaxing morning at the hotel this morning.  At noon I met up with a friend/classmate/sister in Christ and she brought me rest the way to Central.  The drive with her was wonderful and we had some good talks.  She is a real blessing in my life.
The closer we got to Central the more my excitement increased. The best word I can find to describe how I was feeling as we got closer and closer is "kribbly" but I have learned that that word doesn't mean much to most people.  It's kind of like butterflies, but not nervous butterflies, but happy butterflies doing a celebration dance.  That's not the best description, but it's as close as I can get without you being in my belly. :)
Being back on campus is wonderful.  My family is here.  I love my family in Canada too, but I live in community with these people for about 8 months out of the year.  This is home.  Dinner tonight was wonderful, full of hugs and hellos and laughter.  Now, it is time to head over to the chapel for Sunday night worship, the Calm.  The kribbly feeling in my stomach has been building and I am so excited to have Jesus time with my Central family. 
Yeah Dutch!  Yeah Jesus!  Yeah Dutch Jesus!

No comments: