Sunday, February 24, 2013

Smorgasbord Sunday


Smorgasbord, as defined by dictionary.com is:
1. a buffet meal of various hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, salads, casserole dishes, meats, cheeses, etc.
2. an extensive array or variety
I've decided to make Sundays a smorgasbord of stuff...pictures, writing about prayer points and plans.  Just an extensive array. :)

Firstly, the hospital trip that I talked about last week and then corrected to say wasn't happening because in my mind I'd skipped a week is happening this week.  Here's what I wrote last week without the edit.
This coming week we have one big appointment:  On Wednesday I head to London for an EEG (brain wave measuring thing) EEG's are fairly routine for me and this one is to monitor how my brain is doing in light of the medication switching that is happening and to follow up on Spot.  I'm thankful it's just an EEG for now and not an MRI, since I hate MRI's.  Prayers for safe travels and no snow storms would be great. (our last appointment in the city was a snow storm nightmare)  Also pray that the EEG would show good things about my brain, since I'm rather attached to it and we really don't want any more issues popping up.
The forecast for this week is predicting 10-15cm of snow for Tuesday and 5-10cm for Wednesday with temperatures hovering right around freezing, so there is a bit of concern about weather and travel.

For all of you who prayed for my back, it is doing much better.  It only hurts occasionally and typically after I do something silly like lift feed bags on my own. Much better than last week!

We sang this beautiful song in church this morning and it really touched my heart.  Our G-d truly does hide our souls in the cleft of the rock and covers them with his hand.  Here are the lyrics:

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
A wonderful Savior to me;
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
Where rivers of pleasure I see.


    Refrain:
    He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand. 

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away,
He holdeth me up and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day. 

With numberless blessings each moment He crowns,
And filled with His fullness divine,
I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God!
For such a Redeemer as mine. 

When clothed with His brightness transported I rise
To meet Him in clouds of the sky,
His perfect salvation, His wonderful love,
I’ll shout with the millions on high. 

And a cute picture of a sleeping baby to close this Smorgasbord Sunday out:


  • He's so angelic looking when he's asleep...

    No comments: