Friday, February 10, 2012

Smiles

Yesterday’s post was kind of a downer and I’m really not a negative person overall.  I’d just had one too many really bad day.  Today's post, much better.
There have been so many good things lately too.  I don't mean to focus on the bad, because they I just get grumpy.
For example, on Wednesday, the afternoon sun was coming in the window of the church just right and I sat there and read for class.  It was perfect, as if the window and the sun had been made just for me.
I also have amazing friends.  Friends who have gone out of their way to help me.  I had a friend come over on Thursday night and help me clean.  My room was cleaner after that than it had been in two years I think.  She even helped me vacuum the floor. Rest my house may still be a mess, but my room is clean and the bed even has fresh sheets!
Mom made is safely here this afternoon and we went for lunch at a lovely place (more on that later!) and spent the afternoon trying on wedding dresses.  I was exhausted by the time we were done, but it was maybe just a tiny bit fun. Mom also brought wonderful Canadian treasures with her like School Safe Butter (which trumps amercian soy butter by a long shot) and a gift from my dear friend and mentor Aunt Nancy.
I get fresh vegetables every week from the CSA I share with friends.  I might not always know what to do with them, but I have them.  And they are fresh.
Finally, I'm getting married to the man I love in August.  As much stress as that causes it is so worth it. I love him and he loves me and the wedding is only a day (okay, in our case, two days).  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal.  Just a blip on the radar.  What matters is that we will have all of forever together.
And that's just a small portion of the smiles for today.

No comments: