Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Comfort Food

Most days I'm all about eating real food...un-processed, made from scratch, locally grown, etc., etc., etc.  I even wrote about it once.  When I make macaroni and cheese, it doesn't come from a blue box...I cook the pasta, I make the cheese sauce, I add other yummy things to make it healthy.  When I eat bread (which is seldom), it is bread that I've made. Same with yoghurt (which I eat much more frequently than I do bread).  But sometimes, there is something about hyper-processed food that is comforting.  I don't know what it is, but I like it.  And that is why there are commercially made french fries (shaped like alphabet letters) in the oven right now.  Because sometimes, you just need comfort food.
What's your favorite comfort food?

2 comments:

Olga said...

Food - probably some type of prakje - like the red beats we made the other day, or potatoes with spinach, sausage/meatball and egg, or witloof... those types of foods.

More snack-type foods - Chips. For sure.

Valerie said...

French fries are definitely a wonderful comfort food! Eggs & toast are good. Popcorn.