Thursday, December 29, 2011

Neurology Update

To all of you who were praying for today's travels and appointment, thank you very much.  The roads were a little messy, but we made is safely both there and back.
At the hospital there was a lot of waiting, which is normal.
As it turns out, there was nothing really to worry about.  Dr. B just wanted to check in and make sure he was on the same page as my neurosurgeon in Michigan.  He is pleased that my seizure activity has decreased.  However, as with my neurosurgeon/neurologist, he is concerned about the increase in frequency and severity of my headaches.
A recent CT scan in Michigan showed that Spot is behaving so there is no new imaging scheduled at this point, which is a huge relief (I hate when I have to have imaging, and it's not overly healthy to keep exposing my brain to radiation).
The plan at this point is to increase one of my medications, one that is supposed to control seizures as well as headaches and see if we can find a level that is tolerable to my system and helps the headaches.  I'll start increasing tomorrow after I get to the clinic to fill the prescription.  Hopefully it will be tolerated well and will help.  That's our big prayer right now.  That the medication change will go well and that my headache will decrease.
Again, thank you so much for all your prayers.

No comments: