Sunday, February 14, 2010

Baby Blanket

Some of you, especially those back home, had asked to see pictures of the baby blanket once I finished it.  It's been done for a couple weeks now, but I wanted to wait until I delivered it before posting pictures of it.
I found the pattern in one of mom's old Country Women magazines, altered the color scheme to something I like (and thought was more practical), retyped the pattern so I didn't need to take mommy's magazine with me to school (and so I had a backup plan for when I lost the pattern), bought yarn and set to work. Instead of working the ends in at the corners of the blocks I decided to leave them as tassles.  I thought it looked cute.
I found the butterfly pattern online.  The pattern was supposed to be worked with a 2.0mm hook, but I don't have one, so I used my 4.0mm one.  I think it worked alright.
Here's the finished product:

Here's a close up of the butterfly:

Now I really need to work on my homework...I'm good at getting distracted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think "butterflies" looks really really funny in english! "Schmetterling" doesn't look as funny :P