Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Please Help

Dear Friends, especially those in the Holland, Michigan area, the long short of things is that I'm going to be off my leg for awhile yet.  I've started physical therapy and we are hoping to get me up and moving sooner rather than later but I did a lot of damage to my leg and it's going to take time.
I'm frustrated by it.  Some days I'm frustrated enough that I want to cry.  I want to be out and able to do things that I used to be able to do on my own, or with very little assistance.  Right now I can't even get outside of my house by myself (Huge shout out to Andy for being so faithful in getting me out for class every day!).  I feel stuck and I feel like a burden to those around me, and I hate feeling that way.
Once again, this is a plea for help with some things that I just can't do on my own right now and that need to happen.

  • The bank on 8th street.  If the weather is gross, a car would be good, if the weather is not gross, it is walkable.
  • Physical therapy appointments.  My PT is on Douglas street and I go Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon. I have a 1:30 appointment this Thursday and I don't know how I'm getting there yet.
  • Walgreens on Washington to pick up a prescription
  • grocery shopping at Meijer
I typically have class in the mornings, but most afternoons are freer (Wednesdays involve church, later Monday afternoon is my therapy pool time).

If you can help in any way, please let me know.  leave a comment, e-mail me, send a carrier pigeon, find me at school... 
Thank you in advance!

No comments: